||Hewlett-Packard Innovation Program Office
||research to support Personal Systems Group’s always connected initiative
||06.2008 – 09.2008
||I conducted research among select 18 to 25-year-olds to discern how that generation used and felt about mobility and mobile devices.
- Develop a research method that would lead to meaningful data and conlusions.
- Interview a select group of 18 to 25-year-olds about mobile use.
- Evaluate responses and identify trends.
- Present data to managers and co-workers for collaborative review.
- Write follow up questions for follow-up interviews.
- Compile a final report and make recommendatios based on trends for future product direction, features and mobile applications.
- Present my observations and recommendations to the Innovation Program Office and suggest integration with current and future products.
- Make Availability a Choice – Let us choose when we can be contacted, how we can be contacted, and by whom.
- There is a low enough price.
- Cached Content Allows Perceived Efficiency – A mobile device that intelligently caches typically viewed content would eliminate wasted time in areas with no service.
- A Laptop in the Palm of your Hand – A “light” version of a laptop with similar functionality and connectivity in the form of a small mobile device has the potential to replace the laptop.
- Organized Separation – Organizing everything into easily navigable categories reduces time spent searching and condenses information for easy perusal.